Thanks for the warm welcome Chris! I’m glad to be a part of it all. With this being my first post, I thought it would be a good chance to list some of the rarities The Boys have played so far through just seven of the scheduled 19 shows this summer.
- Vancouver – May 26 – We’ll Go Too
- Pittsburgh – June 16 – The Last Of The Unplucked Gems / Escape Is At Hand For The Travellin’ Man / Sherpa
- Lewiston – June 17 – Don’t Wake Daddy / Chagrin Falls / Putting Down / Something On / Greasy Jungle
- Guelph – June 18 – Lionized / Eldorado / The Rules
- Belleville – June 21 – Daredevil / Titanic Terrarium / Long Time Running
- Toronto – June 23 & 24 – Flamenco
On top of that, fans have been treated to previews of three stellar tracks from the forthcoming album due to be released in October. (Another new song debuted May 24 as part of a short acoustic set Das Hips put on when the ‘Royal Conservatory Of Music’ awarded them honourary fellowships.)
Some would include more cuts than I have – a degree of subjectivity does apply here. While the tracks listed are sure to appease the most experienced Hip concert-goers, the majority of fans still get to hear the staples they want, making for some of the most memorable experiences yet.
This weekend brings back-to-back gigs in Toronto, arguably the city that loves The Hip the most. That being said, those dynamics should produce even more rare live tunes from The Boys. Let’s hope so!